Dark Chocolate Truffles
Yield: 150 medium-size truffles
- 1 kg (2 lb) dark chocolate
- 500 g (1 lb) unsalted butter
- 500 ml (1 pt) heavy cream
- 120 ml (4 oz) brandy
- Chop the chocolate and butter into small pieces and place in a large metal
- Bring the cream to a boil. Immediately pour the hot cream over the
chocolate and butter. Stir until the chocolate and butter are completely
- Stir in the brandy. Pour the ganache into a flat, shallow, ungreased pan
and chill until firm.
- Shape the ganache into rough balls using a melon ball cutter. Immediately
drop each ball into a pan of sifted cocoa powder or confectioner's sugar,
rolling it around to coat completely.
- Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days. Allow them to
soften slightly at room temperature before serving.
Copyright © 1996-2016 Eric Lafortune.